As a response to the increasing number of DWI’s in New Mexico, the Legislature passed tougher laws to reduce the amount of accidents and arrests. Those laws included reducing the legal level of intoxication to 0.08% BAC and implementing tougher penalties for lawbreakers. The None for the Road program was created in 1993 to increase awareness about the issue and to educate drivers about the penalties of breaking the law.
If you are a first time licensee between the ages of 18 and 24, you are required to take this course. This is a self-taught course that you are able to complete at home with the help of a training video and workbook.
- If you have received the course workbook from UNM Continuing Education, follow this link to view the video online: http://nonefortheroadvideo.unm.edu/. The link also gives you access to download the workbook. There is a $25 fee for the workbook. You can also rent the video from any local library.
- Complete the test on pages 15 and 16 in your workbook.
- Print the certificate from the video
- Mail, fax or bring in the completed test and video certificate to UNM Continuing Education
- You will receive your None for the Road completion certificate in the mail, or in our office at the time you turn in your materials
Completing this program is an important step to reducing the amount of injuries and deaths from DWI. Contact us with any questions.
Get your Driver’s License at MVD Express
After you complete the course, you are allowed to apply for a New Mexico Driver’s license at MVD Express. Just bring in your certificate of completion to let us know that you have finished the program! We’ll take care of you and get you in, done and on your way with time to spare!