It’s no secret that we absolutely love New Mexico. So, if you’re just moving to the Land of Enchantment, welcome! We’re happy that you’re here and hope that you will love this state as much as we do. To immerse yourself in the culture of New Mexico, consider:
- Trying green chile. The New Mexico state question is,”Red or Green?” There is no right answer, but make sure to at least try the green chile once or twice! New Mexico green chile has a unique flavor and quality to it that can’t be replicated!
- Making your way up to the Sandia Peak Tram. Transporting you over 2.7 miles of canyons and mountains, the Sandia Peak Tramway offers unique and breathtaking views of Albuquerque. This is a must do for a first-time visitor.
- Visiting the White Sands National Monument. No, that’s not snow you’re looking at–or sand! The White Sands National Monument is actually 275 square miles of gypsum. It’s a beautiful sight!
- Seeing the Carlsbad National Caverns. Take a trip down to southern New Mexico and check out the Carlsbad National Caverns. Made up of over 116 caves (and counting) the national monument is always exciting to explore.
- Checking out the Gila Cliff Dwellings. Perched 180+ feet above the canyon floor in southwestern New Mexico, 40 cliff dwellings exist. These dwellings were most likely constructed in the late 1200s by a few families of the Native American Mogollon culture.
These are just some of the great things to do and see in New Mexico, but there’s only so much we can say in one post! After you’re done exploring a little and need to take care of motor vehicle related business, come see us at MVD Express. We specialize in offering services for people moving to New Mexico from out of state. From driver’s license transfers to registration, MVD Express can handle it all! You’ll be in, done and on your way in no time!