Celebrate with us on July 19th for the Route 66 Summerfest! This is a community celebration perfect for the entire family!
This event is a joint partnership between Nob Hill Main Street, New Mexico Jazz Festival / Outpost Performance Space and the City of Albuquerque. The Route 66 Summerfest has been running since 2010.
This year the Route 66 Summerfest kicks off on Friday, July 18th at the Hiland Theatre with a VIP reception and concert featuring Henry Butler, Steven Bernstein and The Hot 9. Then, on the following day, head over to Central Avenue in Nob Hill where traffic will be closed off for pedestrians from Girard to Washington. This year’s fest features:
- Up to 25 musical acts (100+ musicians) on three stages including popular hip hop group Arrested Development
- The Mother Road Market featuring local arts and crafts
- Food trucks of every ethnicity and flavor to get your grub on
- The Kidzone and Youth Central full of activities for children of all ages
- Canine Cabana so you can bring your dog with you and he or she can also have fun
- Cork & Tap featuring local beers and wines
- Route 66 Car Show featuring the famous Neon Cruise
Finish the weekend of celebrations by going to the Jazz Brunches in Nob Hill on Sunday, July 20th and listen to live jazz presented by the New Mexico Jazz Festival at select Nob Hill restaurants.
Join MVD Express and celebrate the rich tradition of Route 66 in Albuquerque. No driver’s license to get to the events? No problem. Come in to one of our many Albuquerque locations, get your driver’s license and cruise on down to Nob Hill or just hop on one of the extra ABQ Ride, Rapid Ride stops for an even easier commute.