You’re so excited, you can hear the call of the open road while you sleep. You’ve completed your driver’s education course and have fulfilled all of your hours behind the wheel to enter the realm of infinite possibilities by obtaining your New Mexico driver’s license! This is such an exciting time for you and we’re happy to help you get on the road in no time!
What You’ll Need to Bring in for your Road Test
All you’ll need to take your road test is your learner’s permit or provisional license and a parent or legal guardian if you are under the age of 18. If you pass your driver’s license road test, you’ll need to make sure you have:
- Your learner’s permit for identification
- Two proofs of New Mexico residency
- Your social security card
If you are under 24, you’ll also have to complete the “None for the Road” course and bring in your certificate of completion.
Things to Know about your Road Test
Before you schedule your road test with MVD Express, you should note that:
- You can sometimes schedule your road test with MVD Express the same day you want to take it
- You must take and pass the written test before you take the road test
- You can schedule your appointment at locations in Albuquerque or Santa Fe
- We are unable to schedule road testing for handicapped individuals
Make sure you feel comfortable behind the wheel and with the New Mexico driving laws in order to ace the test. Once you do, all you have to do is contact us to schedule your appointment! Good luck.