And Other Silly Laws from Alabama…
We’ve all heard stories about ridiculous laws around the country. Did you know that bear wrestling matches are prohibited in Alabama? And that you aren’t allowed to flick a booger into the wind? We aren’t sure if you can do that with the wind at your back, but we don’t recommend trying. Silly laws have been around…well…as long as laws have been around.
Let’s Start with Alabama
A little research into the state, county and city laws of Alabama have proven to be quite interesting. Did you know that:
- It is a punishable offense to open an umbrella on the street?
- Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death?
- You are permitted to drive the wrong way down a one way street as long as you have a lantern attached to the front of your car?
- You absolutely must have windshield wipers attached to your car?
- It is illegal to drive blindfolded?
Some of these are so reasonable we aren’t sure why they are laws. It just seems like they should be common sense. Others are so incredible that we have to wonder what happened to make the decision-makers in Alabama protect against these things happening.
Stay Tuned for More Ridiculous Laws from the Rest of our States!
Of course, there are more silly laws in states other than Alabama and we’ll share them soon!