The long wait is over…March’s silly law blog is finally here.
Every state in the U.S.A. has a few silly laws and Georgia is no exception. We’ve actually managed to find a few more than we usually are able to, which makes Georgia exceptionally silly. 🙂
No, We Didn’t Say “Oh, Boy” in Jonesboro
Although we are mystified as to why it’s illegal to say “Oh, boy” in Jonesboro, we are equally as confused about why it’s illegal to:
- Tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp. Tying a zebra or a mountain lion to a telephone pole is legal.
- Live on a boat for more than 30 days in a year. No exceptions, not even during leap year.
- Drive a car on a sidewalk. Driving a boat on one is okay!
- Give members of the state assembly a speeding ticket while the assembly is in session. Normal people don’t benefit from this law.
- Drink on a bus. We wouldn’t want to pop a can of soda and get in trouble!
- Carry a chicken down Broadway Street in Columbus on Sunday. Any other day is fine!
- Play catch in the city streets. The highways are perfectly acceptable, though!
- Spit from a bus or car. Spitting from a truck is legal.