As one of your local providers of MVD services in New Mexico, we often get asked what kind of supporting documents are necessary to prove residence. Whether you want to register your car or get a driver’s license, proving that you are a New Mexico resident is vital to being able to do so.
When you want to prove that you are a New Mexico resident, you can bring in:
- A bill (gas, electric, water, phone) that shows your current address
- A rental property or purchase agreement
- An insurance (auto, home, health) agreement or bill
- A paycheck stub
- Property tax statement or mortgage documents
- Current vehicle registration with physical address
- A letter or document from a tribal, city, county or state association in New Mexico
These documents must be in your name or your spouse’s name. If these documents are in your spouse’s name, you must also bring in your marriage certificate. Having the correct documents will only speed up the process and get you in, done and on your way in no time!
In, Done and On your Way
We know that you have other things to do with your day. Even though we love hanging out with you, we know that the feeling isn’t always mutual. That’s why we do our best to get you in, done and on your way as soon as possible! Come see us today!